Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on November 9, 2022 06:42AM by Admin
All of your emails will be recorded in Apptivo once you enable the sync procedure. This would help you get straight to the emails without moving around the different applications. Keep an eye on your emails while dealing with your business with Apptivo. Here’s how to do it:
Apptivo supports syncing both the inbox and the sent folder of your email. To receive the complete synchronization experience, you must enable two different connections: Email Forwarding & IMAP Support.
Let’s have a look one by one.
You can automatically forward all the incoming emails, to any other email account of your choice. Here is a simple way to get automatically a copy of the emails that arrive in Apptivo mail.
Note: MS Exchange domain is not supported in the Office 365 sync. But all MS Exchange domain emails can be synced via IMAP in Apptivo.
For Ex: Mike has Office 365 & Apptivo accounts and would like to see the Office 365 Emails in Apptivo.
Steps to Configure Email Forwarding:
- Access Apptivo and go to the Email option under Preferences.
- After selecting the Email option, click on the Add button. (This is the starting point to integrate.)
- You could see two options, Email Forwarding, and IMAP Support. For instance, Mike needs to see the inbox emails in Apptivo. So he must enter his email id into Email Forwarding and click on the Save button.
- Upon saving the mail address, collect the Forward ID from Apptivo.
- If you have multiple forwarded email accounts, you must select the perfect forward id to process further.
- Once you get the Email Forwarding id, you can configure the "Office 365 Email" by following the below steps on how to integrate.
- Log in to the Office 365 Web App, go to App Settings → Mail Under the Settings.
- Now go to Accounts → Forwarding.
- Paste the Forwarded mail ID you copied from Apptivo here. Please mention " Forwarding Id" as per the below-mentioned image.
- Once finish the above steps, you can get all your Office 365 emails into Apptivo.
Note: Once you enable the auto-forwarding, emails from your office 365 mailbox will be available in Apptivo (the emails which are arriving after the sync is on will only be synced to Apptivo).
Apptivo "IMAP support" helps to sync the sent emails from any of your business email accounts to the Apptivo email account. When you receive an email in Apptivo it automatically checks the “To” and “From” to determine whether any contact or customer is associated with that email id. If that is the case then the email can be viewed under the corresponding contact or customer.
Note: After completing the email forwarding procedure, follow the below steps to proceed with IMAP support.
Steps to Configure IMAP Support
- Click on the Edit button, where you can find this action under the Email Settings in your Apptivo account. For instance, please check the below image.
- Enable the IMAP support toggle, and provide the following details as these are important to “authenticate” your mail with Apptivo.
- Email service - Choose the other email service from the available options.
- Email ID - Provide your Office 365 email address.
- Password - Type the password of your Office 365 email address.
- IMAP server - IMAP server name.
- Port - Port number.
- Some crucial points to be followed when you are providing details for authentication, select the Others mail service for “office 365”. Then give correct details in “IMAP server” and “port”, as these are the base of authentication. (If you have any confusion in these fields, try to find out accurate details on the internet).
- Once completed the above steps, then click on, the Authenticate button. If you want to store your mail details, just click the Save button.
- After clicking the authentication tab, one pop-up will appear it will display saying the authentication is successful.
- Select the Disable field manually, in case you don’t want to authenticate the email address.
- For any changes or modifications or re-authentication in your mail ID or password, use the Edit icon to make whatever changes are in the IMAP support tab.
Note: Whatever changes are made in Apptivo will sync to the IMAP server in near real-time and vice-versa.