Browse by Solutions
Browse by Solutions
Updated on July 28, 2021 08:29AM by Admin
The conversion of estimates into an invoice will include a specific reference to the duration of the time being billed. Generally, each line in a converted invoice (from estimate) will refer to the item description, quantity, price, and also period of billing.
There are two types of conversions that can be followed through which an estimate is converted to an invoice:
- Standard Conversion - The standard conversion is the default conversion provided by Apptivo. By default, this conversion only will take place when you convert an estimate to an invoice. This will carry forward and map only the values of the standard fields.
- Custom Conversion - The custom conversion gives you the ability to customize how the conversion process should take place. That is if you are having various custom fields in your Estimates and you need all those custom fields to be carried forward to the Invoices during conversion, then you can go with the custom mapping. You can map the fields according to your needs.
Steps to convert an Estimates to Invoice
- Login and access the Estimates app from the universal menu.
- Click on the More(...) icon and select the Settings.
- In the Settings page, click on the Estimates and select the Conversion.
- From the Conversion page, you can view the Standard and Custom conversion.
- Enable the Toggle to Allow conversion from Estimates to Invoices.
- By selecting the Custom conversion, you can view and map the attributes of the Estimates with the Invoices attributes.
- Click on the Mapping button.
- In the Mapping page, you can also associate the objects like Tasks, Events, Emails, Notes, and Call Logs.
- You can map the Invoices attribute with the Estimates Attributes by selecting the attributes in the Select Attribute dropdown.
- Once the mapping is done, click on the Update button.
Steps to Convert Estimate into Invoices
- Create a new estimate or select an existing estimate to be converted.
- Click on the Convert button and choose the To Invoices option.
- You will be directly redirected to the Create Invoice from the Estimate page with the auto-populated mapped attributes from the estimates app.
- Then, click on the Email Invoice button at the bottom of the page.
- The Compose side window will get open. Click on the send button.
- The Invoices will get created and sent to the customer.